The Freeman's Burden:

To defend the principles of human liberty; to educate; to be vigilant against the ever expanding power of the state.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Happy Holy-days!!!

I have been asked how it is that, as an agnostic, I am so sympathetic to Christianity and its traditions. I suppose because I was raised in a Christian home and I believe that America is a decent, hopeful and Christian society. I have read our founding documents and I don't try to pretend that those great men of faith weren't influenced and guided by that faith. I love that America is the only country in the world founded on the idea that our rights don't come from man, but instead come from the creator and, therefore, no man can take them away. It doesn't mean that I am not free to practice no religion; to the contrary, it frees me to enjoy whatever beliefs I choose. As for Christmas, it is more than a religious observance. The Christmas story is a story of hope, forgiveness and redemption. Who could possibly be opposed to that. The holiday is a time to come together, reconnect with friends and family and share the blessings of freedom and liberty. I can think of nothing I would rather celebrate. I hope your holiday season is filled with love, laughter, family and joy.

*************************************************************

Brother Tom Friedman is preachin' the gospel truth about Iraq. Read about the struggle between good and evil in his Decmber 23rd article, "Insurgents in Iraq are the face of pure evil"

*************************************************************

"Privacy Advocates Refuse to Release New Report"

On the eigth day God created The Onion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home