The Freeman's Burden:

To defend the principles of human liberty; to educate; to be vigilant against the ever expanding power of the state.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Even freemen have to study

I have a big political economy midterm tomorrow, so I am not spending time today thinking deep thoughts or surfing around obscure news sites. I did want to take this opportunity to invite everyone to check out a couple more new features that can be found near the bottom of the left hand column of the page. The Mises institute has posted a cartoon version of Friedrich Hayek's seminal cautionary tale, "The Road to Serfdom". You can view it by clicking the link. Also check out The Advocates for Limited Governments "World's Smallest Political Quiz", the chart on where libertarian views fit in the left v right of politics and the flash movie, "The Philosophy of Liberty". You will also notice some new blog links and the additions of a couple of hugely influential books to the "Pillars of Liberty" section, Adam Smith's "Wealth of Nations" and John Locke's "Second Treatise" I also want to thank everyone for their patronage of this site and the positive comments and constructive criticism that you send me. If there is anything I can do to make this a more effective resource, please let me know. One more note, for those of you with IPods, keep your eyes open for "The Freeman's News This Week", my new podcast that should debut in June. Thanks again for all your support. - F2S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home