The Freeman's Burden:

To defend the principles of human liberty; to educate; to be vigilant against the ever expanding power of the state.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Good money says Bush...barely

I have always been of the impression that if you want to know what people really believe, look at how they spend their money. For example, as a pizza delivery driver I discovered that people with Democrat-supporting yard signs are more likely not to tip. A more scientific example of this phenomenon are stock markets. A market price is a representation of how people feel about a given company and that company's prospects for the future. The Iowa Electronic Market allows individuals to invest in politics and news events rather than companies. One of the markets available for trade is the presidential race. Currently George Bush shares are trading at .51 and John Kerry shares are trading at .494. It's gonna be close!

2 Comments:

Blogger Virtual Thoughts said...

I am with you on this one. I still feel though that Bush will win comfortably. I am predicting an 8 point spread in favor of Bush.

Glad to see somebody analyzing politics with sanity. There are too many blogs devoted to calling the other side names that can turn you off.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Free2Smooze said...

Yea, I had been predicting 8 points for Bush for months. I even have a steak dinner riding on it, but I am having trouble believing it will be that big a win at this point. If Bush had shown up for the first debate, maybe. I wouldn't bet a nickle either way as it stands now.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home